Today, RIMS introduced Robert Cartwright, Jr. CRM, BSB/OP as the 2018 term president of the risk management society, made effective on the first day of the new year.
A RIMS member for more than 25 years, Cartwright previously served on its Board of Directors for 10 years. Throughout his time as a Board member, Cartwright held every Board position with the RIMS Delaware Valley Chapter, including serving as its president from 2005-2007.
Cartwright was also the recipient of the 2009 RIMS Richard W. Bland Award for exceptional contributions to the Society’s legislative initiatives. In his professional life, Cartwright currently works as the Division Manager of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability for Bridgestone Retail Operations in the Northeast Region.
As he began his one-year term, Cartwright identified his initiatives for the year ahead, and recognized the work accomplished by risk professionals who have advanced the industry.
“In order to advance the risk management profession, we must recognize those who came before us,” said RIMS 2018 President Robert Cartwright, Jr. “Risk management has evolved leaps and bounds from just a decade ago and that progress is a direct result of our predecessors’ passion and perseverance."
“Today, industry professionals have the same opportunity to become trailblazers, increasing organizational awareness of risk management’s diversity and value. As we work to establish our individual legacies, together we will strengthen and solidify the collective legacy of the global risk management community.”
Related: 6 ways cybersecurity changed in 2017
RIMS new Board of Directors
Serving alongside Cartwright will be a number of new Board members, as well.
- Vice President: Steve Pottle, CIP, CRM; Director Risk Management Services, York University.
- Treasurer: Gloria Brosius; Corporate Risk Manager, Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings.
- Secretary: Robert Zhang; China Risk and Compliance Manager, IKEA (China) Investment Co., Ltd.
New Board Members:
- Susan Hiteshew, RIMS-CRMP, ARM; Senior Manager, Global Insurance and Risk Financing, Under Armour, Inc.
- Kristen Peed, CPCU, RPLU, CRM, ARM-E, CIC, AAI; Director of Corporate Risk Management, CBIZ, Inc.
- Jennifer Santiago, RIMS-CRMP, ARM; Director, Risk Management, Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation.
- Patrick Sterling, SPHR, SHRM-SCP; Senior Director, Legendary People and Risk, Texas Roadhouse.
Incumbent Board Members:
- Emily Cummins, CPA, CPCU, CISSP, ARM, ARE; Managing Director of Tax and Risk Management, National Rifle Association.
- Barry Dillard; Director, Claims Management, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts US.
- Ellen R. Dunkin, Esq.; Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Risk Officer, Amalgamated Life Insurance Company.
- Laura Langone, JD, MBA; Senior Director, Global Risk Management and Insurance, PayPal, Inc. Holdings.
- Soubhagya Parija; Senior Vice President and Chief Risk Officer, New York Power Authority.
- Ex Officio: Nowell R. Seaman, RIMS-CRMP, FCIP, CRM; Director, Global Risk Management, Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc.